- Category: Travel Tips Travel Tips
- Created on Wednesday, 26 January 2011 00:53 26 January 2011
- Written by Rebecca Devereaux Rebecca Devereaux
When traveling in a car with teens for long periods of time, entertainment can be difficult. I have three teenagers that do great while traveling for a couple of hours. Then it always starts with the bickering. “He is touching me!” “Give me back my iPod!” Ed and I usually sit in the front and turn up the radio.
We have learned a couple of ideas that seem to help.
- Bring a laptop. My kids play games and movies using one piece of equipment. I like the laptop because when they are not using it, it slides right under a seat without taking up legroom for my tall kids!
- Get an audio book. Our local library has hundreds of them. Including ones just for teens. The last trip we took we were gone for 3 weeks. I told them ahead of time how long I needed the books so I was not charged late fees. Add a comment